10.12.2005

Ahhh... we meet again ...

Although you may not have even noticed, countless days have passed since my last entry. I've missed you. I've thought of you often and what I would say the first time we were together again. Would you be upset? Would I kind of clam up and say very little? Would I rattle on and on to try to compensate for my absence? Would you grossly misinterpret my lack of communication as a lack of interest?

I've been a busy bee, hanging out with my parents as they evacuated in anticipation of Hurricane Rita and then spent some time vacationing in the big world that is Disney. Work is crazy as usual, and I'm still trying to learn Sign Language in weekly classes.

And of course, when you have the most to do, you also have the most to say, or write! It was always that way for me in college. Whenever the cloud over my head was especially dark, I wanted to write it all down in my journal, but I'd have some book report to write in French or seven chapters to read of Njal's Saga.

I could talk about a gazillion different things right now, but there's so little time! I promise to catch you up soon. For now, please share my giddy excitement over the following news ...

Bright Eyes to Release Live Album

According to Pitchforkmedia.com, my beloved Conor Oberst will release a new album of live emo splendor on November 15, on his own Team Love Records -- also home to those beautiful toe-tappers Tilly & The Wall. "Motion Sickness," the first official live album of Bright Eyes tunes -- if you don't count my iTunes playlist -- will be sold exclusively in indie stores.

Seriously now, if Conor keeps it up, no other human will ever be good enough for me.

The CD even -- Christy, are you listening? -- features a cover of a gorgeous Elliot Smith song! Here's the track listing:

01 At the Bottom of Everything
02 We Are Nowhere and It's Now
03 Old Soul Song
04 Make War Short
05 Make War
06 Scale
07 Landlocked Blues
08 Method Acting
09 Train Under Water
10 When the President Talks to God
11 Road to Joy
12 Mushaboom (Feist cover)
13 Southern State
14 True Blue
15 The Biggest Lie (Elliot Smith cover)

*Exhale* Ahhh, that felt good. I'll write again soon.
TTFN, BFF
Steph

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so happy you are back, steph!
we have missed you. :)