9.05.2006

Death Cab heads out on the road

Death Cab For Cutie announced a list of dates for their fall tour today, and Orlando made the list, thank you very much! Ted Leo + The Pharmacists are opening for one leg of the tour -- the one that stops at the UCF Arena -- and OK Go is opening for the next. For the full list of tour dates, check out the band's Web site.

I know, there will be a lot of young O.C. fans there, and that bothers people. But you know, the band rocks. They continue to put out great music with great songwriting, and if that's what mainstream folks want to listen to, then I think it's about time. Just don't act like an idiot and make out with your boyfriend or girlfriend right in front of me, don't burn me with your cigarette and don't get drunk. It's a concert. You can get drunk, smoke and make out at home with the radio on.

Now if we could just get an appearance by The Postal Service!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just saw Death Cab at The Greek Theater in LA - awesome show - one of the best I've seen live. Not too many teens there either, which was nice!