1.13.2007

we did it!!!!!

SAINTS 27 - - - Eagles 24


DEUUUUUUUCCCCCE!!!


After 40 years of being the underdogs, the SAINTS are headed to the NFC championship game, and I don't think it has hit me yet.

The games this year have such a different feel, (I guess it's called consistency!) and yet, when the camera tonight panned through the Superdome audience in the final minutes of the game, everyone looked like I did. Hands in prayer position, butterflies in tummy, shirt collar in mouth, we couldn't celebrate like fans of other teams. If there's even a second left on the clock, we know our fortune can still change. It's not until you see the double zero that you can exhale, let your shoulders fall from your ears and relax your butt muscles.

Good God, how am I even going to make it until next weekend!!?? For now, I'm going to enjoy the win, remember how much fun I had growing up in Section 621, Row 8, and feeling thankful that these wins couldn't have come at a better time. BLESS YOU BOYS!

How is Drew Brees the best QB in the NFL? The dude has four arms!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Saints . . . are coming!
I can't wait to read next week's blog update as the Saints head to the Superbowl. I think Ashley will need a Saints onesie!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing, isn't it? I'm glad you have such good memories of our times in the Superdome. I sure hope we can go one more week.