3.02.2007

i am not a nugget

I just spent more than half an hour on peta’s very cool Web site. There are lots of fun downloads with vintage-looking artwork and fun slogans, like “Cut class, not frogs,” “I am not a nugget,” (I LOVE that one!) and “Love me, don’t wear me.” You can print them as stickers, magnets and iron-on transfers. I included some of my favorites below. There’s also some kickin’ musicians, like Le Tigre, Peaches and Mates of State making their own cruelty-free statements.

Let’s be honest here, I am not a vegetarian. I wish I could be because, as an animal lover, it just makes sense. I eat very little red meat, but way too much chicken and seafood. I started eating a lot more vegetarian dishes a few years ago when I started getting healthy. I loved it. I felt better physically and mentally.



My mom is Catholic, and she never eats meat on Fridays during Lent. That’s why all the seafood restaurants in New Orleans are especially crowded on Fridays at this time of year. That’s about as close as my family got to vegetarianism when I was growing up.

Be sure to check out peta2.com You can even sign up to get a package of stickers, vegetarian recipes and a DVD with footage of Death Cab for Cutie, Le Tigre and some other bands that support the cause.







No comments: