4.10.2010

coachella threads


Right now, I'm completely focused on the anticipation of Coachella 2010. I've been studying the lineup and introduced myself to some great music that was new to me. At this moment, I'm washing a load of Empire Polo Field-worthy apparel that will be appropriate for the glorious 80 to 90-degree weather forecast for the festival. It will probably increase this week to the typical 100s, but a girl can dream.

Deciding what to wear to Coachella is ridiculously difficult. Trying to look like you belong with the young hipsters is one thing. Staying pleasantly cool in the desert heat is another. I'm not your typical alterna-waif either, so a bikini or tube top is out of the question. Multiple pairs of footwear is a must because of the near blisters that develop each night - your feetsies need variety or they hurt even more after that one-mile walk through the dust to the parking lot.

But don't take my word for it.

Stylite: What does one wear to Coachella??
(Any reporter who says you need space in your backpack for band members' phone numbers lives in some alternate universe from me.)

What to Wear: Music Festivals
(You lost me at the $436 one piece you think I'm going to wear and have to take completely off to use a port-a-potty.)

Coachella 2008 forum
(My introduction to the P-mate, a cardboard contraption girls can use to pee standing up, as well as Monistat's non-chaffing cream.)

Just make sure you wear SOMETHING.

No comments: