3.28.2006

aural pleasures


My name is Victoria, and I will be your guide today on a fun-filled journey through the World Wide Web! We'll stop for free mp3s, crazy news stories and -- if we're lucky -- a sneak preview of some yet-to-be-released rock 'n' roll! Buckle up, children!



To Die By Your Side has a series of Bjork songs remixed by the likes of Beck, Beastie Boys and Portishead. Right under that post is a photo of Conor Oberst -- how lovely! I'm thinking, I feel so lucky to have found a blog that covers some of my favorite artists! Scroll down a little more, and you'll see a post about Jeff Buckley. Whoa! Who's been reading my diary?



Check out rbally to download some live tracks from Regina Spektor on the BBC, otherwise known as the Russian folk singer who sits at the keyboards in a fashion that leaves little to the imagination ... or should I say, to the "vimagination"???



Run, don't walk, to m3 online for some leaked tracks from Snow Patrol's new album -- including one that features vocals from Martha Wainwright! Get them before the record company jails the Web master for posting them.



Apparently, Belle & Sebastian recently performed on Conan O'Brien -- well, not on Conan, but you know what I mean. If you are like me and missed their set, you can watch it on Where is Your Mind?



Did The Lovely Feathers release their new album without the fanfare it deserved? The band opened for Metric a few months ago and immediately became one of those opening bands that are worth the ticket price of the whole show. (Even if the evil Ticketmaster charged its insane service charges!) The band totally rocked! I read that they had a new album coming out in April, but SKATTERBRAIN talks about the album as if it's already out. I'm not sure, but one thing is clear. You can download a track from the album at SKATTERBRAIN. Enjoy!

** By the way, I love the photo I posted at the top of this entry, and if you do, too, check out The Thirsty Ear Pub.

1 comment:

coxon le woof said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Glad you like my posts.

And don't worry, I'll keep your diary secret!