3.11.2006

the city bountiful

Who says Orlando isn't really a city??? There's so much to do here!


Check out the Art of the Motorcycle, at the Orlando Museum of Art.




Carnies, country music and strawberries! It's the last weekend of the juicy and sweet Florida Strawberry Festival in Plant City.




Start planning your mode of attack for the upcoming Florida Film Festival! The legend himself, John Waters is actually going to be here, and you can join in the naughty fun for only $18. He'll be at the Enzian on April 1.

I'm anxious to dive in to the Web site and make a list of all the movies I want to see. Because yes, I am a word nerd, Wordplay looks like one I won't want to miss. The ensemble cast (Kyra Sedgwick, Oliver Platt, Marisa Tomei, Matt Dillon and Sandra Bullock) and fact that it's directed by Kevin Bacon may be intriguing enough for me to catch Loverboy.

Showbusiness: A Season to Remember also looks great.

Speaking of great shows, the Orlando Broadway Series just announced its lineup for next season, and it made me squeal with delight! Here's the schedule:

The Light in the Piazza, Sept. 19-24,, 2006
All Shook Up, Oct. 24-29, 2006
Disney's The Lion King, Dec. 7, 2006-Jan. 14, 2007
Sweet Charity starring Molly Ringwald, March 13-18, 2007
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, April 10-15, 2007
Camelot starring Michael York, May 15-20, 2007

Ahhh! I am so excited!!! I must rest up!

No comments: