4.18.2006

do atomic kittens have lovely feathers?

I got out of work at a reasonable hour tonight, it's FINALLY raining outside and Thor's watching The Day After Tomorrow on HBO so intently, it makes me laugh. I think he's a fan of Jake Gyllenhall, too. Let's see what's new on the Web ...



The White Stripes' wardrobe matches the product perfectly! The band has a new Coca-Cola commercial out, and it's on Pitchfork, of course.



The Lovely Feathers' new CD Hind Hind Legs is out today, and the first song on the album is one of my favorites. It's called "Pope John Paul," and I heart the part of the song where you hear in an almost whispered voice "Pope John Paul, where you from?" then the quiet eruption of "Kra-kow Poland! Kra-kow Poland!" The Lovely Feathers introduced themselves fine, thank you, at the Social - was it already last year? I can't wait to check out the full album, which includes a few songs from a previous EP. Check out their MySpace page.



In other Pitchfork news, The Twilight Singers have a new album on the way (to be released on May 16), which they recorded in New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Apparently, Ani Difranco was there, too, and she contributed to the album. Oh la la! I've had a lusty crush on Greg Dulli of The Twilight Singers -- and of course The Afghan Whigs -- for a long time. The man is sex. Thankfully, I caught The Afghan Whigs at the House of Blues in New Orleans before they broke up. I'd love to see them at the Social, but unfortunately, Orlando is not on their tour schedule ... yet. Be sure to check out their Web site -- the background on the front page is my old hometown!



The Enzian will show A Scanner Darkly, the new film from my favorite director Richard Linklater, in July. If you've seen any of his films -- Before Sunrise , Before Sunset , Dazed and Confused, School of Rock -- then you know the guy just gets it. His animated film, Waking Life, made me want to take notes because the dialogue was so intriguing, and honestly, my mind couldn't keep up with each epiphany.

A Scanner Darkly looks like it may be just as cerebral and definitely as ... well, pretty. Both films were shot in their entirety, and then recreated through drawings of each scene. Hotties Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder and Robert Downey Jr are just as sexy in ink. I really want to catch this one. See the preview here.



How much do I love this T-shirt? It's from glarkware.com.




I gotta go. It's the wolf scene in the movie, and Thor's attacking the TV. I love him!

No comments: