4.13.2006

let me entertain you

Yikes! Thirteen days into April, and this is my first post of the month. I feel bad about that, but not that bad because I was hanging out with my parents. We had a great time, and it makes me wish I lived closer to them. But you don't want to hear about the Ozzie-and-Harriet relationship I have with my parents, you came here to be entertained.



Kurt Halsey. He's an artist I discovered while combing through the ads in the back of my ReadyMade magazine. I love his work; it's very emotional, innocent, and it always reminds me of a guy I dated briefly several years ago. But you don't want to hear about that doomed relationship, you came here to be entertained. Check out Kurt's store on his Web site. He's selling these fun CD-case sets for your mix CDs. Go to kurthalsey.com for all the fun.



Pearl Jam is the musical guest on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend. Lindsay Lohan is hosting, and even if the sketches are as disappointingly unfunny as they have been all season, I will be glued to the set. I feel like PJ are my childhood friends -- we've been through so much together. They helped me through tough times in college, I stood by Eddie during his nightly bottle-of-red-wine binge, they provided me the chance to see Sleater-Kinney, Sonic Youth, The Ramones and Urge Overkill as opening acts, and I spent a whirlwind weekend following them around Florida (West Palm Beach - Orlando HOB! - Tampa). "Seats just two -- me and Steph!"

If SNL isn't enough, Dave Letterman will host Pearl Jam on Thursday, May 4, just two days after the new self-titled CD drops in stores. Pre-purchase it now and skip the markups at pearljam.com/goods.

1 comment:

Beta Mike said...

Dump SNL! Chose MadTV!