5.09.2006

bang and blame

To get my mind off the fact that I have changed my life forever by asking Jodi, the woman who cuts my hair, to give me bangs, I have plopped myself in front of the World Wide Web for comfort. Here's what I found...

Blog Party has posted Bloc Party's entire set from Coachella. I missed it because I was listening to one of my all-time faves, Sleater-Kinney. The ladies definitely did not disappoint; I just wish Bloc Party would have been scheduled at another time.



Sonic Youth has a new CD out, and if this track is any indication, I'm going to be playing it all summer ... while waiting for my bangs to grow out. Aquarium Drunkard posted the tune "Incinerate" from the upcoming album Rather Ripped.




There's a post-Coachella rush of great bands headed down South to Orlando in the coming months. Maybe it's just that the experience that is Coachella compels us soak up as much live music as possible -- no matter the lack of funds in your wallet. Or maybe it's just because summer is just about here, and everyone goes out on the road.

Tilly & The Wall have announced a return show at The Social on June 24, and I highly recommend you buy a ticket as soon as they go on sale. Even if you've never heard a lick of their music, you will love the show. There are no drums on stage (or on the album, for that matter). The band taps to create the percussion. Yes, these girls with what must be amazing thighs actually tap through most of the concert. It's incredible! Christy, Betamike and I met them after the show last year, and they were very sweet and humble by the response they sparked. Don't miss it. It's an early show, so you'll be out of there before midnight, granny.

The Stills and Rogue Wave also are headed to The Social on June 9. The Stills' new album Without Feathers is out today, so there's time to brush up on your Canadian indie rock before the show.

Matt Costa earned some kind words from a KCRW columnist who attended Coachella. I missed him, but I have a second chance -- all too rare -- when he plays The Social on June 21.

1 comment:

Beta Mike said...

Aaaaaaah! Bangs!!!!! Yes!!!!!

Aaaaaaah! Till and the Wall!!!

Aaaaaaah! Get me a ticket!!!!!

Aaaaaaah! It will be so much fun!!