4.05.2008

more like bountiful than nada


Trying to get on to ticketmaster.com this morning was like trying to get from one side of the Magic Kingdom to the other during SpectroMagic!

I was trying to purchase tickets to see Nada Surf at The Social, which is crazy exciting, of course. And I'm sure it's going to sell out, so I was trying to be good and get mine as early as possible, so as to avoid the disappointment I suffer from missing Iron & Wine this summer.

The site must have been on the screens of about a gazillion computers at the same time because I could get through all the screens up to the one where I actually make the purchase. My computer kept timing out because "the server stopped responding." So, I do what any concert kid would do, I pick up my phone and try to get the tix old-school style. After lots of busy signals, I get in and purchase three tix. Because I'm an emo soul, and I worry that my friends might miss out on the show, I decide to get 3 tickets.

I relax, play some online solitaire, and I check my e-mail. Holy cranberries! There's an e-mail from Ticketmaster confirming my online order for 2 tickets. Seriously? Seriously, this is 21st century technology?

So, um, I'm a real "Happy Kid," with 4 more tix than I actually need for the show. Any takers? You Coachies get first dibs, of course!

4 comments:

Beta Mike said...

what a clever ruse Ticketmaster has there! You didn't by chance mention to the operator you had three tix in the queue online did you? Now that would be above and beyond guest service. Thanks for thinking of your Coachie friends!

the dysthemic vegan said...

It's 2008 -- there is no operator!! It's all computerized, so I didn't have the pleasure of talking to a human.

Are you planning to take one of these hot little tickets?

Anonymous said...

i'll take a ticket!

stephanie said...

Awesome!!! We're going to have so much fun! Mike B is going, too!