8.23.2006

12 steps begin with one leap

As reported by Rolling Stone Daily ...

KEANE SINGER IN DRUG REHAB, TOUR PUT ON HOLD

Just days after PETE DOHERTY and DARKNESS singer JUSTIN HAWKINS checked into drug rehab, KEANE frontman TOM CHAPLIN has done the same. Due to this development, the band has postponed a North American tour, set to start next month. In a statement on Keane's Web site, the twenty-seven-year-old said, "I've been having to deal with an increasing problem with drink and drugs, and the time has come to get the professional help I need to sort myself out. I feel desperately disappointed to be
letting down our fans, but I want to get myself right now so that I can be back on the road for the rest of the year." The group cancelled gigs in Edinburgh, Dublin and Ibiza earlier this month, saying Chaplin was suffering from exhaustion. Refunds are now available at the point of purchase. Keane's latest album, "Under the Iron Sea," debuted at Number One on the U.K. chart in June.

No comments: