8.20.2006

little miss sunshine


Little Miss Sunshine is a movie you must see. Right now. Get off your sarcastic butt and go pay a few dollars for one of the best movies you will see … ever. In the words of every cast member in Grey’s Anatomy, “Seriously.” (Seriously, every one on that show says it. If you haven’t noticed, you will now. Apparently, Shonda Rhimes, the series creator, uses the word all the time, too.)

Each character in this film is fantastic, and each gets the best lines and the biggest laughs. I started to write a one-line description of each character, but really, that gives too much away, and the best way to see a great movie is to know as little as possible about it. Just take my word for it.

I can tell you this … each character is trying so hard to get by and trying so hard not to fail, that they are failing miserably. But in their failings, they kind of find each other. I laughed hysterically during the movie – even doing that thing where my head flies back and I start clapping. (Why in the world do I do that?) I also did the “Awwwwww …” thing in unison with other moviegoers, and I even did the thing where I kind of let out a scream as I laugh.

You will walk out of the theater with a smile on your face, and you'll love with Abigail Breslin, who's absolutely adorable in the flick. And Steve Carrell is genius as usual. This may be my favorite movie of the year... Seriously.

No comments: