7.05.2005

Movin' on up

This weekend was, in a word, exhaustive. In three words, it was fun and exhausting.


My friend Brad just bought a cool new place in downtown Orlando (see above), and I offered to help him paint. I really enjoy painting, especially at the end, when I can lay on the floor and concentrate on painting the baseboards. Insane, I know. But there's something extremely calming about that. I think it's why I also love painting pottery at Glaze Under Fire or All Fired Up. It's kind of mindless. Turn up the tunes and let the creativity flow.

I think I took more showers in three days than I have in any three-day period ever before. Get up, shower, paint my booty off, come home, shower, scrub the paint off the bottom of my feet, go to bed, get up, shower, scrub the rest of the paint off the bottom of my feet, paint some more, shower, and go out to dinner!

I finally made it to Seasons 52. Brad's father was in town and treated us to a truly delicious, truly healthy dinner. How have I lived the last two years without going to this restaurant? It had such a good vibe, a menu that was full of choices that do a body good, and a piano on an enormous Lazy Susan. Too cool.

I hate to digress, but an M-n-Ms commercial just came on with Iron & Wine's "Such Great Heights" as the theme song. Huh? Love the song, love the chocolate treats, but how do they go together? Maybe it doesn't have to, because I completely stopped what I was doing and looked up at the TV. Then I shared my experience with you. So, I guess it was a good commercial because it worked. I want to listen to indie music and eat bon-bons!!

While I'm digressing, I just heard that Trent Reznor, Radiohead, Bjork, Beastie Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and some other artists have donated autographed items for something called the Waxploitation Sudan Charity Auction to benefit victims of forced emigration and genocide in Sudan. On July 12, go to ebay.com/the_wax_trust and bid. But leave Trent for me!!!

No comments: