7.17.2005

Things I loved about this weekend

I'm so close to getting my new car, I am already smiling and waving at other MINI owners on the road! I went down to the dealership on Saturday, and Christy helped me pick out some some accessories for the car -- like the iPod adapter that will allow me to play my iPod tunes through the car stereo (cue angellic music), a glove compartment organizer, floor mats, etc.


As you may have read in Mike's blog, Christy & I made him one happy camper with a surprise early birthday gift. It's a cool gig poster from a show at The Social with The Faint, TV on the Radio and Beep Beep. He was probably going to buy it once he discovered it on the Eye Noise Web site, so we had to give it to him early. The excitement in his expression made me all warm inside.


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Loved it! Yes, Johnny Depp looks a little odd, and acts even stranger, but isn't that why we all love him so much?? The man is so incredible. Seriously, words fail me. And that cute little Freddie Highmore reminds me of Haley Joel Osment. He's got this innocent, adorable face, and his quiet demeanor convinces you that he has a deep soul. He seems so fragile that you want to protect him, and yet you know he's the one that's going to save you.


Clapping in Christy's car, listening to her mix of "songs with clapping." I don't need to tell you how fun it is to sing in the car -- they even make shows about it. (I love that VH-1 show "Motormouth," although the narrator does make me queasy.) But, there's nothing like clapping along to Tilly & The Wall, Of Montreal and Le Tigre with a good friend!


Garden rolls at Viet Garden!





Although it's not truly vintage, I found a dress on a HUGE sale at Macy's that has a "vintage style" and actually fits! Who knew that women in the '50s had such small boobs!?!? Still, shopping at some fun vintage shops on Saturday with Christy may have to turn into some kind of ritual because we had soooo much fun. I even saw Eyes & Ears on sale!


I got my Wilco poster in the mail! I assassin down the avenue.











I got lots of love from Polly Polly Paw Paw Patch!







Can you believe that all this happened in one fun-filled Saturday? Today, I had the honor of being there to see Kylie Carrigee experience her first day at Walt Disney World. Not quite a year old, Kylie and her parents (my good friends Korie and Kevin from New Orleans) met me at the Magic Kingdom on this historic day. It's the 50th anniversary of Disneyland!!! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Beta Mike said...

I LOVE clapping! It's so random and fun! I have the loudest clap..it's true!

Anonymous said...

i had the best time with you, steph!

you are a treasure, and i don't mean that in a dorky old lady way.

i LOVE you! (and Chick-fil-a too, of course)