6.20.2006

rather rockin'!!


I am loving the new CD from Sonic Youth, Rather Ripped. Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon, otherwise known as the only parents incapable of embarrassing their child in front of her friends, are so amazing. The whole band is incredible, of course, but Thurston and Kim's voices are still as fresh and indie-sounding as ever.

This album feels a bit more accessible than some of their others, which may attract some new fans. If you've been a fan for more than a decade or if you're just checking them out for the first time, I highly recommend picking up their new album.

I can remember being in high school or right before going into college maybe, and I was shopping on Decatur, this awesome street in New Orleans with funky shops and cool bars. It's the street where the Crystal used to be (or still is? I'm not sure.). That's where I danced next to Brad Pitt, and it's also where Eddie Vedder was arrested after the show I saw at the UNO Lakefront Arena. I would have been at the club, but we had to drive back to college the next morning for an early class. "I am the messiah!!" -- That was for April & Darren. :)

Anyway, I was shopping on Decatur, and I was feverishly searching for x-girl clothes, which was a line created by Kim Gordon. I found some cool stuff, but of course, everything was for waifs, so I didn't fit into a damn thing.

Thanks to YouTube, here's their recent performance on the "Late Show with David Letterman."

No comments: