6.19.2006

what's making me smile today ...

Luann understands...



the best T-shirt I've seen all week...



the best use of rasterbator...
Isn't this awesome? These guys posted their rasterbator handiwork on the door of their dorm room, which is closed in this photo, if you're still trying to figure it out. I tried to use the program to print a huge picture of my dog, and it turned out with dots the size of dimes. It looked more like an ink blot from a Gnarls Barkley video than my doggie. I'll have to try that one again!



You have to try Podbop. It's a Web site that allows users to type in a city and get a quick list of all the concerts going on there during a specified timeframe. AND, you can get a little taste of the artist with downloadable mp3s! You can also look up festivals, museum exhibitions and other cultural offerings.

So, when you're traveling home for a wedding or on a business trip, and you'd like to mix in a fun night at a show you'd otherwise miss, this site can help. And it couldn't come at a better time. Why are so many bands skipping Florida on their big tours? Pearl Jam, Muse, Beck, Zero 7, M Ward -- come on! Why stop in Atlanta when you can come on down to Orlando, Tampa and Miami??!!?



Epitonic is back! After about an 18-month hiatus, this music site is back online with a new look and the same dedication to introduing your ears to new music. I'm still getting used to the architecture of the new site. I was a bit lost at first, but once I found my way, I was downloading free music and creating radio playlists.

Check it out and sign up for their newsletter. I used to love getting their messages because I always found that the music featured was a gratifying mix of stuff I was already listening to (Thank you for validating my street-cred card.) and an eclectic variety of new stuff I'd never heard but was glad I did. Some of it was brand-spanking new, and some if it was music I missed because my Bright Eyes CD was in heavy rotation. Welcome back, epitonic.

No comments: