6.03.2006

tell me a story, eddie

Eddie Vedder and the boys of Pearl Jam made my college years livable, and they're still putting out music that moves me. Although they weren't always successful, Pearl Jam never cowered from controversy and always stood up for their beliefs. They were trying to fight the evil behemoth known as Ticketmaster before it was cool, and do you remember Eddie whipping out a Sharpie during the band's performance on "Unplugged," and illustrating his pro-choice support on this forearm? God, I love him.

Now, I guess they have enough gray hairs to start looking back on their amazing career. According to Friday Morning QuarterBack, Pearl Jam taped a segment for "VH1 Storytellers." The setlist looks like this:
"Better Man"
"Unemployable"
"World Wide Suicide"
"Gone"
"Sleight Of Hand"
"Army Reserve"
"Insignificance"
"Alive"
"Here's to The State of Mississippi"
"Life Wasted"

It's scheduled to debut on VH1 on July 1.

1 comment:

Tattoosday said...

Saw you're a PJ fan from "I am Fire, You are Friends," come check out my Pearl Jam posts on BillyBlog...
http://oxypoet.blogspot.com

Rock on!