11.30.2005

holiday gift ideas ...

There’s a chill in the air, as it dips into the frigid 50s in Central Florida tonight!! The classic “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” is on TV right now, and Thor loves it! He’s laying right below the TV watching Rudolph save Christmas.

Ahhhh, Christmas! As stressful as it is, I really do love it. To assist in relieving some of the stress you might be feeling this year, I’m going to let you in on a couple of my own secrets – some of my favorite Web sites for shopping!

There’s a leather wristband made from one of Jeff Buckley’s leather jackets on eBay right now. It’s authentic, and it’s going for $500. OK, maybe this one is a little out of my league, but I can dream!

Check out the skull & crossbones bath towels and fun puppy apparel!
PixelGirlShop.com

I love the train cases at mxyplyzyk! This store is pronounced "mixy-plizik," and you don’t need a six-figure salary to afford all the fun stuff inside!

Sprout Home blends a modern style with an earthy garden-inspired flair. They even sell some cool children’s stuff.

On first look, it’s kind of kitschy, but there’s some fun finds at Fred Flare.

For the fair-trade supporters in your life, check out Global Exchange. There’s coffee, tea, crafts, books and even a sushi-to-go kit!

BuyOlympia.com sells zines, T-shirts, calendars, magazines and beautiful note cards.

And last, and most expensive, there's the MOMA Store.

OK, I can’t give away all my secrets! Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! finally, i have found the scull & crossbones towels that will perfectly match my Martha Stewart soap dispenser. "merry christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

steph, thanks so much for these cool ideas.

have you made your christmas ...er... "holiday" list yet? ha!

Beta Mike said...

I'm a pixelgirl now! Thank you Easter Bunny!