11.21.2005

vote or ... don't


Vote for your favorite indie acts at the PLUG: Independent Music Awards. A world away from the Grammys, which is more interested in radio airplay than actual talent, PLUG offers up nominees like Sufjan Stevens, Of Montreal, Sleater Kinney, Spoon, Broken Social Scene, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and some guy named Conor Oberst.

Show the terrorists they haven't won. Exercise your right to vote in categories such as "Music Festival of the Year" (Hello, is there even a need for this one? COACHELLA!!) and "Label of the Year" -- I voted for Saddle Creek, big shocker, right? Go to plugawards.com/general_vote.php.

Isn't democracy addictive? It's fun and exciting to have opinions. And I need yours again. I am past due for a haircut, and with my newfound courage in trying new stuff with my hair, I think I'm ready for a new change. Or maybe it's that I think a new haircut will help me change how I've been feeling about myself lately. Stupid, but human, I guess.

So anyway, enough of that. What do you think?

A. Slightly gothic


B. Scary gothic


C. Sleek and styled


D. Bangs!


E. Friend of the flat iron


F. I was out all night, and my hair is stiff from hairspray, smelly from the cigarettes and messy from passing out on the sofa


G. Still waiting for my callback from John Hughes


H. Wait ... this is why I need a haircut.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn, how i wish that i could add my own photo of how you should cut your hair!

seriously steph, your posts just keep getting better and beter. anyone that links to my blog after reading yours, will see it for the piece of crap that it is!

i can't wait for saturday, when i get to witness the masterpiece coif as it happens!!

love you!
crit

Anonymous said...

I like both C and E. And the great thing is you could do either depending on what mood you are in when you wake up!! :)

Anonymous said...

By the way! Where is Park Ave. CDs on the list?!?! I can't vote for anyone knowing they aren't recognized!! :P

stephanie said...

That's funny you mentioned park ave -- I included them in the "Things we missed" section.

The sleek and stylish look is also a favorite of Christy's. That looks time intensive. I want something indie cool that bounces around when I dance to Of Montreal. No wonder people get mad at their stylists -- we have such unreal expectations!