11.04.2005

the windmills are turning in my mind

Hmmmm, I am going to make a guess here. The "reunited" act of Coachella 2006 will be .......

The Stone Roses.

Apparently, some guy in Schizo Fun Addict claimed to a reporter that his band has been confirmed as the opening band for The Stone Roses' reunion tour early next year. This all sounds very familiar to me. Did Mike Britton already call this??

Belle & Sebastian just announced a tour of the UK, so I'm going to bet that they kick off their American tour at Coachella. Who else? Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Broken Social Scene, We Are Scientists, Portastatic, Sleater-Kinney (please God, please God, please God) and a whole big bunch of other kick ass bands.

There are less than six months to go!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nada Surf!! The Postal Service!! My Morning Jacket!! I can't stand the excitement!!

Anonymous said...

Schizo Fun Addict played for Ian Brown at his TISWAS after party in NYC. You probably already heard that Ian put a rose on stage while Schizo was rocking out. I didn't see them speak at that show; but who knows? I am going to the Death Disco on Wednesday to find out if this is true.

Beta Mike said...

Okay I can truly say that if Postal Service plays, I could care less about any other band. In the vein of the "EPIC" bands that Coachella usually have reuniting or what-not, would I be remise in noticing that Depeche Mode end their tour in Englad on April 3rd, in just enough time to head out West?

Oh, also I am just TOO into some of the lesser known bands that I have been hearing lately...I hope I get turned on to something I haven't heard before like last time's M83

reikl - Reiklaaaaaaaaa! (cough cough)