2.12.2006

don't call it a comeback

I know what you’re thinking. Stephanie, you got some ’splainin’ to do. It’s been more than a month since my last post, and I didn’t know at the time that it would be my last post. Work got crazy – my health went a little haywire – and I didn’t really feel like I had anything important to say.

Now, I have so much going on in my head that I don’t know where to begin. It’s still not important, but who cares? It’s my turn.

Saw a great movie last night – funny, light, sweet, sexy British accents and interesting characters. Imagine Me & You stars Piper Perabo, who is one of those stars that can be in an otherwise inane movie like Coyote Ugly and make it watchable. She’s beautiful, but still seems approachable. Her love interest in the film is also gorgeous and reminded me a little of Tori Amos.

The film's about a young woman who, as she's literally walking down the aisle to marry the love of her life, sees a woman who makes her rethink everything. It's a sweet love story with very witty writing and fun performances. I loved it!


Barsuk Records is streaming some very fine acoustic tracks on its Web site from Matthew Caws from Nada Surf, Jesse Sykes (also known as the kindest rock star I’ve ever met), John Vanderslice and Death Cab’s Ben Gibbard. New songs will stream during the next few weeks, so keep checking back for new tunes.


No one’s gonna save you from the beast about to strike. Petra Haden covers “Thriller.”


Feeling sentimental for your old TRS-80? Get that nostalgic feeling when you remember typing:
10 PRINT “Redheads rock”
20 GOTO 10

Then, you must check out the new Web site for The Raconteurs, a new band that features Jack White and Brendan Benson. While you’re remembering the simpler times, be sure to listen to the two audio tracks “Steady As She Goes” and “Store Bought Bones.” Stephanie likey.


Expedition Everest – love it. My knees were shaking when I got off the new attraction at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It’s not your baby brother’s Big Thunder Mountain. I don’t even know what that means. The queue itself is extremely detailed, including hidden Mickey’s and a reference to mountain climber Reinhold Messner, of Ben Folds Five album title fame.


Scarlett Johannsen, what have you done? Yes, it’s a beautiful Vanity Fair cover, and you and Keira Knightley’s naked little bodies are artistic and gorgeous. But really, is this absolutely necessary? Jennifer Aniston with only her boots on? I can understand that abit, that girl probably has some self-esteem issues as of late, and revenge can be sweet, but Scarlett? You’re so talented, and seems so much more classy than that.

It’s interesting that females on magazine covers are almost always naked. And the guys are always well covered up. Paul Giamatti could be on the cover of Entertainment Weekly dressed with enough clothes to keep him warm in a Siberian snow blizzard. But if there’s a woman posing with him, she may just wear the scarf.


Damn, you half-Japanese boys do it to me every time. Tonight should be one of my favorites in the Winter Olympics. The object of my soul patch obsession is taking the ice tonight. Come on, you know who you are. Also, the “Flying Tomato” goes for the gold tonight with the snowboarders. You just can’t help but crush on someone who exudes such love of life.

… And I’m spent. I'll write again soon ... promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy that you posted again.

We missed you. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy that you posted again.

We missed you. :)