8.31.2005

From Amy Surcouf Campo in Birmingham ...

Hey Stephanie
Thanks so much for the updates. I have been very worried about everyone. My brother Sean and some of his friends came here to Birmingham to stay with us and my sister and brother took the rest of the family to Monroe. We still have 1 aunt that stayed in Metairie Towers and we don't know anything about her. Anthony's brother has been in New Orleans for his work (works on cell phone towers) and hopes to get back in tomorrow to see if he can find her. I have not been able to get in touch with my friend Tamara either. My prayers are with all of you that have been affected by this. Sean and his friends are leaving tomorrow (I think) and we just moved into a house with a basement so if anyone needs a place to stay please let me know. It is not much but you would at least have shelter, food, water, a little privacy, and 2 great kids to play with (okay that last part might not be a perk). But really, if you need a place of refuge, please let me know. We will do whatever we can. God bless!
Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Anthony Campo in Birmingham. One of the guys I work for has a small house on Smith Lake in Cullman, AL. It's a weekend retreat sort of thing, but has all of the necessities. It is convenient to the interstate, and roughly halfway between Birmingham and Huntsville.

He has offered it at no cost for an indefinite amount of time - certainly a great alternative to paying for a hotel if that is your situation.

Please call me at 205-908-9901 ASAP if you are interested or need more info, as I don't expect this to last long. Would love to see this help someone we know, as we are troubled by our inability to help directly from afar with 2 kids in tow.

Steph, please email blast this out to y'alls GK people on your email list...I'm at work and Amy can't get to the computer to email this right now.

Anthony