9.14.2005

From April Babin: i can't breathe

Here's a message from April. But first let me say ...

Sweetie, I'm so glad you were able to save most of your art, but I'm sorry about everything else. It just seems to be this huge mountain of work that everyone is facing now. Between you and Korie, it seems that the initial shock is over and now everyone has to face their new realities. Please know I'm thinking about all of you!


i can't breathe
I'm not referring to the suffocating feeling I have while living in this house. I'm talking about the mold that is probably growing in my lungs. My dad & I got to go to the house. It wasn't pretty & it was VERY weird. My friend Darren helped us out with everything. Thank God for him because there is no way my dad & I could've handled all of the work that we did. The entire house didn't get water, about 3/4 of it. But the mold is slowly taking over. We couldn't rip the carpets out yet because of insurance. The fridge was beyond fixing, in terms of rotting food, that smelled so horrific. There was too much food to bury, so we duct taped it shut & stuck it outside. I'll eventually send pics. I got some stuff that I wanted which I am highly thankful that it didn't get ruined. But the water soaked the floor of my closet so all of my shoes & clothes are molded. So I have to get a new wardrobe. The girl in me is a little happy about that (ROSS here I come!) Trying my best to seek out positive things -- such as I don't have to tell ghost story stories anymore!!! We were talking about, in terms of houses not belongings, which is worse; getting so much damage that you knock it down & start over OR getting light damage & having to do all of the repairs. That would include knocking out sheet rock, ripping out & replacing carpets & floors, etc. Pray for my father that he doesn't kill himself trying to "fix" the house. He doesn't know all of what he should to do the necessary repairs. There are so many stories to tell but I'm exhausted & this E-mail is getting way too long. TOODLES!!!

*APRIL*

No comments: