9.08.2005

More updates from Carrie and Darren

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days. I need to catch up because good news keeps coming in. Carrie told me that Luke Davis is in Memphis and planning to move to Baton Rouge soon. Carrie is still unsure about the condition of her home, which she and Zane have only lived in for a couple of months.

Darren also sent me the follwing e-mail ... (Glad I can make a difference from here in Orlando.) :)

Hey Stephanie,

I don't know if Shannon sent this to you, but I wanted to pass it on to you. I'll email you a link to the photos we took in NO. I posted them on my Shutterfly.com account.

By the way, we found out that Grace King lost a couple of trees and the roof to the gym is gone. We also heard that John Q. Adams Junior High was okay. The Greek church in Lakeview is on the bad side of the 17th Street canal. It was flooded and had roof damage. I don't know how extensive it was. I saw on your blog that you were curious about those places.

Thanks again for posting all of these updates from everyone. I got 2 calls today from friends I knew at LSU that were worried about me. They Googled my name and your blog was first on the list!! I couldn't believe it! They were so releived that I was okay and they already knew about Shannon's grandmother, saving me from having to re-tell such a sad story.

Love Ya,
Darren

No comments: